Welcome 2016


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, and that the New Year treats you well. Thought I'd start off 2016 by giving you a glimpse of some of my favourite childrens' books of 2015. I could go on and on, but I am trying to limit myself. What were your best books of 2015?
Picture Books: (always a difficult choice for me. We all need more picture books in our lives, both young and old readers. Here are some of the ones I really loved!)
The Little Gardener by Emily Hughes
How The Library....by Wendy Meddour
Imaginary Fred by Eoin Colfer/Oliver Jeffers
The Christmas Eve Tree Delia Huddy/Emily Sutton
Side By Side by Rachel Bright/Debi Gliori
The Marvellous Fluffy Squishy Itty Bitty Beatrice Allemagna
Picture Books Plus....
Pierre The Maze Detective...
City Atlas by Martin Haake
Nature's Day by Kay Maguire













For those who are reading (7-12...a wide reading age!)
Maisie Hitchens by Holly Webb
The Dreamsnatcher by Abi Elphinstone
The Doldrums by Nicholas Gannon













An Island of Our Own by Sally Nicholls
Young Sherlock: Night Break by Andrew Lane
Nest by Esther Ehrlich
Behind The Walls by Nicola Pierce

Class Act by Debbie Thomas






















The Wordsmith by Patricia Forde...MUST READ!



Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell












Teen/YA
The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge
Fire Colour One by Jenny Valentine
House of Windows by Alexia Casale












The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

Nightbird by Alice Hoffman
I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle













That'll do ...  I do hope you have the opportunity to read and enjoy these and many, many more! 2016 is promising us so many fantastic books. The glimpse I've had so far is very exciting.
So Happy New Year and Happy New Books to you all.

Comments

  1. I'll Give You The Sun was hands down my fave book of 2015. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rights of the Reader

The Summer of Lily and Esme by John Quinn....25 years

Joyous Jolabokaflod!!!!