World Book Day Thank You's from me....

So that, as they say, is that for another year. It was five days of brilliant events and, maybe just a bit of madness. We played host to a grand total of 20 different class groups (and some of those were doubled up) and...are you sitting down?.... 560 children from local schools. Yes, 560 children! All of them were wonderful and brought such a marvellous excitement and energy to the events that, while I'm exhausted and a bit brain-dead, I'm sorry it's all over. I just need to take a moment to give my most heartfelt thank you's to the following....
Authors, storytellers and poets ; Patricia Forde, Ken Bruen, Kevin Whelan, Pete Mullineux, Ger Hanberry, Rab Swannock Fulton, Sarah Webb and Deirdre Sullivan... you were all amazing and I have a lot of photographic evidence to prove it! Add to that group please, Matthew Ziruk and Ronan Quinn, my colleagues and dear friends who stepped in to fill out the empty time slots. Brilliantly, I might add.
The 560 school children and their wonderful teachers who make this all worthwhile. I'll see you all next year.
And of course... the 'cast and crew' of Dubray Books, Galway. I couldn't have done this without your support, encouragement and participation. You keep me sane... well... sane-ish.
My deepest thanks and appreciation to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rights of the Reader

The Summer of Lily and Esme by John Quinn....25 years

Joyous Jolabokaflod!!!!